Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Joan's Grief Part 2

So I'm mid-way through the book (should be more that halfway but the only time I read is before bed and I can't get through one page before the eyelids droop) and I don't want to be callous but she keeps repeating the events on the day of Dec. 30, 2003. I'm wondering when I get the end of the book whether she's really going to come out of this or not.

I must of not grieved hard enough or long enough for something, but my philosophy has been to feel sad for awhile, and that's ok, but eventually you have to get up and get going. No use hashing over events repeatedly. Is it magical to really fool oneself into thinking that a dead person will really come back?

1 Comments:

Blogger H said...

Yes, true we have not lost a spouse. I feel terrible for thinking that way and don't want to demean her grief nor take for granted my spouse and children.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home